Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day! 2017

Greetings Homemakers! Happy 2017!💗

It's a bit cliché - but it's truly hard to know where 2016 went, isn’t it?

I find myself convinced that time is indeed speeding up - which makes each and every day exponentially precious.

This past year our youngest child graduated from college, started a new job, got his first apartment, and bought his first car...which means my husband and I, are truly empty-nesters. Of course, that brings with it some feelings of reminiscence in our home and heart spaces, but in reality it's a huge blessing.

I can imagine that for many of you the 2016 U.S. presidential election has had an impact on your Home and Heart. Maybe your family has been divided. Maybe you've lost friends. Maybe you are grieved beyond despair. Maybe you feel hopeful but struggle with guilt and misunderstanding.

And now here we are, well into February....

As I studied a groundhog news photo the other day, I observed how stunned and irritated the poor thing looked. "What am I doing here? I know nothing about the weather - or what's going to happen in the next six weeks. Seriously folks, I have absolutely no effect on the weather, whatsoever!"

As Homemakers (unlike groundhogs), so much does depend on what we see and how we react to the events and changes happening around us. Do we cast a shadow? Is spring ahead - or will there be six weeks (or more) of winter in our Home and/or Heart? 

The fact is - we can have a HUGE impact on the climate around us!

This Valentine's Day - and all year through, I challenge you (and myself) to FOCUS on bringing beauty, balance, serenity and celebration to any community you are part of, and to truly cherish those you love.

I believe that even though we struggle at times - we can make a difference. I hope you can believe that, too.

Happy Valentine's Day!

With Love

Janene


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heartfelt Christmas Story - A Family for Freddie

M erry Christmas to all my Home and Heart friends, followers and family. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas 2020, in spite of the challeng...